Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory and antirheumatic agents. Oxicams.
Symptomatic treatment of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis.Because of the safety profile of piroxicam is not an agent of first choice, if prescribed the use of other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory or antirheumatic agents.The decision on the indication of piroxicam should be based on an assessment of the overall risk of the individual patient.
- Ulcer of the gastro - intestinal tract, bleeding and perforation in anamnesis;
- gastro - intestinal diseases in anamnesis, which may lead to bleeding such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, cancer of the gastro - intestinal tract or diverticulitis;
- active peptic ulcer, inflammatory gastrointestinal - intestinal diseases or gastro - intestinal bleeding;
- simultaneous use with other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), including selective COX-2 inhibitors and acetylsalicylic acid at analgesic doses;
- simultaneous use with anticoagulants;
- prior serious allergic reactions of any type, especially skin reactions such as erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis;
- hypersensitivity to active or auxiliary substances, fleeting skin reactions (irrespective of severity) in response to the application of the piroxicam and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic drugs and other drugs;
- severe heart failure;
- severe renal or hepatic impairment;
- use of acetylsalicylic acid and other NSAIDs in patients who develop NSAID induced asthma, nasal polyps, angioievroticheskogo edema;
- the treatment of perioperative pain in coronary bypass surgery.
Suppositories of greenish - yellow color, bullet-shaped form. Marbling is allowed .
Keep out of reach of children at temperature not exceeding 25 °С.