Drugs for peptic ulcer and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. Proton pump inhibitors.
Omeprazole for intravenous use is indicated as an alternative to oral therapy for the following indications.
• Treatment of duodenal ulcers.
• Prevention of relapse of duodenal ulcers.
• Treatment of gastric ulcers.
• Prevention of relapse of gastric ulcers.
• In combination with appropriate antibiotics, Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) eradication in peptic ulcer disease.
• Treatment of NSAID-associated gastric and duodenal ulcers.
• Prevention of NSAID-associated gastric and duodenal ulcers in patients at risk.
• Treatment of reflux oesophagitis.
• Long-term management of patients with healed reflux oesophagitis.
• Treatment of symptomatic gastro-oesophageal reflux disease.
• Treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Hypersensitivity to omeprazole, substituted benzimidazoles or to any of the excipients.
Omeprazole like other proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) should not be used concomitantly with nelfinavir.
White to yellowish lyophilized porous mass or powder.
Keep away from children. Store in original package at temperature not exceeding 25 °С.