Anti-anaemic preparations. Folic acid and its derivatives.
- Treatment and prevention of anaemia due to folic acid deficiency: macrocytic anaemia, anaemia and leukopenia which are drug-induced or caused by ionizing radiation; megaloblastic anaemia, post-resection anaemia and sideroblastic anaemia in elderly patients; anaemia due to diseases of the small intestine, sprue and malabsorption syndrome;
- Prevention of birth defects in the foetus: neural tube defects, hydrocephalus, cleft palate, cleft lip and cephalocele;
- Long-term treatment with folic acid antagonists (methotrexate, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole combination), anticonvulsants (phenytoin, primidone, phenobarbital);
- folic acid deficiency associated with an unbalanced diet or malnutrition;
- Treatment of male infertility due to a decrease in spermatogenesis (oligospermia);
- Polyneuritis and polyneuropathy, including alcoholic etiology.
Hypersensitivity to folic acid or other components of the drug, malignant neoplasms, malignant anaemia, untreated cobalamin deficiency.
5 mg tablets - flat-faced bisect, yellow to dark yellow tablets.
Store in original packaging at temperatures not exceeding 25 °C.
Keep out of the reach of children.