- simple or complex partial seizures (with or without lost consciousness) with or without secondary generalized seizures;
- generalised tonic-clonic seizures;
- mixed seizures.
Carbamazepine can be used as monotherapy or in combination therapy.
- Acute mania; supportive therapy in bipolar affective disorders to prevent exacerbation or to relieve clinical manifestations of exacerbation.
- Alcohol-withdrawal syndrome.
- Idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia and trigeminal neuralgia in multiple sclerosis (typical and atypical).
- Idiopathic glossopharyngeal neuralgia.
The drug should not be used in:
- hypersensitivity to carbamazepine or chemically similar drugs (such as tricyclic antidepressants) or to any other component of the drug;
- atrioventricular block;
- history of bone marrow suppression;
- history of hepatic porphyria (e.g., acute intermittent porphyria, mixed porphyria, late skin porphyria);
- combination with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs).
White or off-white, monolayer, round, bevelled-edged, scored tablets, with flat top and bottom surfaces. Upon fracture a relatively uniform structure is visible through a magnifying glass.
Store in original packaging below 25 ℃.
Keep out of the reach of children.